Dennis McDonald's Blog's Top Ten Posts of 2007
Below are my blog’s top ten Managing Technology posts for 2007, sorted in descending order by the number of unique page views recorded by Google Analytics. An asterisk (*) indicates posts that also appeared in the 2006 top ten list.
- How To Develop a Business-Aligned Social Media & Social Networking Strategy (April 5, 2007; revised Oct. 30, 2007)
- Business and I.T. Must Work Together to Manage New “Web 2.0” Tools* (Jan. 4, 2006; co-authored with Jeremiah Owyang)
- Learning to Use Google Analytics (Dec. 28, 2005)
- iTunes and the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (Feb 19, 2005)
- Learning to Use Google Analytics, Part 2 (Jan. 8, 2006)
- Cookies, Imrworldwide, and Nielsen Netratings: What’s the Connection? (Feb. 21, 2007)
- How to Accelerate Enterprise Adoption of Web 2.0 Network Effects* (Aug. 4, 2006)
- Introducing Collaboration Technologies to the Enterprise is a Challenge* (Sept. 26, 2006)
- Is Facebook Going Down The Tubes? And What Can Linkedin Learn From This? (June 25, 2007)
- School Communications & Emergency Response: What are the Implications for Social Media? (Aug. 21, 2007)
Based on these rankings, it appears that corporate adoption of social media and social networking continues to be an issue, despite apparent growth in public acceptance of social media generally. “Meat and potatoes” topics like iTunes andweb analytics are continually popular. “Expertise management” seems to have decreased in popularity between 2006 and 2007; is this because corporate acceptance in general of “web 2.0” social computing concepts continues to be a topic of discussion?
Three of these posts (#1, #2, and #10) are significantly longer than average and are listed on my blog’s white papers page. The list includes four posts from 2007, four posts from 2006, and two posts from 2005.
Copyright (c) 2007 by Dennis D. McDonald