ABOUT THIS SITE:
I research, consult, and write about the following:
- Transparency Is Not an End In Itself
- More Data, Please - and Don’t Hold the Pickle
- Just Measuring Government Performance Is Not Enough
- Matching Technological Literacy with Delivery of Government Service
- A Framework for Transparency Program Planning and Assessment
- Better Online Data Access and Visualization May Not Be Enough
NEW MEDIA articles discuss how technology changes how people and organizations communicate. Tags include publishing, cable tv, social media, Google, Apple, privacy, copyright, and Facebook. Recent posts:
- Utilities and Cable Companies: What’s a Monopoly To Do?
- Should Local Governments Rely on Facebook for Public Communications?
- Keep Your Eyeballs To Yourself, Chathead
- Comcast Must Die
- Who Knows What Google Should Do With Glass?
- What Should Apple Do To Fix Its Maps Fiasco
MOBILE TECH addresses how smartphones and tablets are impacting the workplace and how people share information and collaborate. Related tags include iPhone, iPad, smartphone, and tablet. Posts include:
- Has Google Lost Control of Glass?
- The Link Between Mobile Tech and Government Transparency
- User Interface Design and the Value of Keeping it Simple, Stupid
- Challenges in Turning Federal Digital Strategy into Mobile Reality
- What Are YOU Trying to Do with Mobile Technologies in the Enterprise?
- Toward a Definition of Enterprise Mobility, Part 2: Key Questions
PROJECT MANAGEMENT addresses how project management practices are changing in modern working environments where collaboration and information sharing are common. Related tags include strategic planning, governance, and best practices. Posts include:
- Is the Project Management Office Evolving or Devolving?
- Recouping “Big Data” Investment in One Year Mandates Serious Project Management
- On Defining the “Maturity” of Open Data Programs
- Learning from the World Bank’s “Big Data” Exploration Weekend
- Progress On Open and Collaborative Project Management
COLLABORATION addresses the planning, management, and measurement of how information and expertise are shared by different communities. Related tags include knowledge management, metrics, and SharePoint. Posts include:
- Defining and Measuring Enterprise Collaboration
- Are Smartphones Bad for Collaboration?
- Collaboration Can Be Messy
- Five Realities of Enterprise Collaboration & Technology
- Justifying Collaboration in Complex Programs such as Federal Acquisitions