My consulting, project management, and research focus on planning and managing data intensive projects. My contact information is here. A complete index to this web site’s technology related articles is here or use the search engine. Also included here are occasional book and movie reviews.
RECENT TECHNOLOGY RELATED ARTICLES
Includes the first three “action items” from the project manager’s perspective when faced with initiating a “big data” program.
- These days when you read about big data or if you attend conferences or webinars you’re more likely to read about products and tools. You don’t hear as much about “back room” management issues you need to address to make sure all the members of the project team are sharing information and marching in the same direction.
- Are we in danger of losing the basic data we use to track economic progress?
- There’s an understanding represented by this group that the data resources being stewarded by Commerce programs both reflect and are critical inputs to U.S. technical and industrial competitiveness.
- I’m interviewing people to explore what makes such projects unique.
- Experienced based ideas for where the rubber hits the project management road.
- Separating hype from reality — not an unusual requirement.
- A compendium of articles from this blog that address the special governance issues raised when planning and managing data-intensive government programs.
OTHER SITE LINKS
- Free document downloads
- Site search for entire site
- Subscribe by email to new “Managing Technology” articles
- Contact and “about me” info
- Book Reviews
- Movie Reviews
CURATED COLLECTIONS ON GOOGLE+