Contact & Info
- Dennis D. McDonald, Ph.D.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 703-402-7382
- Location: Alexandria, Virginia USA
- I value collaboration, knowledge sharing, agility, and honesty.
- I have company management, administration, staff supervision, & P&L experience.
- I have worked throughout the U.S. and in Western Europe, Egypt, and Hong Kong.
I can help with:
- Planning and managing projects that change technologies and how information is managed.
- Creating plans, documentation, communication, and processes to manage these projects.
- Developing content management, database construction, and data transformation projects.
- Understanding how traditional and modern communication and collaboration technologies interact.
- Understanding how legacy and evolving IT architectures relate to mobile & social technologies.
- Using analytical methods to research, plan, develop, and operation systems.
My project experience:
- Collaboration technology planning, social media adoption and metrics, Web 2.0 strategy.
- IT department business alignment & cost analysis.
- Project and program management office development and management.
- Call center, CRM, and customer service system planning & development.
- Intranet & collaboration adoption strategy and metrics
- Use of social media in enterprise sales management
- Intranet based Project Management Office support
- Assessment of voice response technology upgrades for customer service
- Enterprise social media adoption
- R&D program communication and collaboration strategy
- Communication and social media strategy for Federal education benefits
- Management of health related “grey literature” for emergency & disaster management
- Website development and collaboration technology support for engineering education
- Social media strategy for Federal acquisition information services
- Strategic market analysis for publishing and content management
- Field service & equipment repair operations.
- Sales management, market research, strategic market sizing and analysis.
- Catalog, database, and professional publishing, data conversion, content and document management.
- Software development and testing management, database design and construction.
- Research design and management, survey research, sample design, questionnaire development.
Industries I’ve worked with:
Pharmaceutical benefits management, government agencies, energy utilities, think tanks, R&D and education institutions, medical technology, computer hardware and software, finance and insurance, international financial institutions, point-of-sale systems, data conversion and outsourcing, associations and nonprofits, publishers, appliance companies, libraries, automobile and truck manufacturers.
My client experience:
AIG, ASHP, Catalyst Rx, Federal Acquisition Innovation and Reform (FAIR) Institute, Ford, GE Appliances, GE Medical Systems, Hydro One, Jive Software, Keyspan Energy, Kraft Foods, National Academy of Engineering, National Cancer Institute, National Library of Medicine, National Science Foundation, NCR, Nisource Energy, Oracle Software, PACCAR, ParTech, Social Media Today, Sun Microsystems, U.S. Copyright Office, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Environmental Protection Aganecy (EPA), World Bank Group.
- MLS and PhD, Library & Information Science, University of Maryland. Earned National Science Foundation support for dissertation research on mathematical modeling of journal publishing decisions in astrophysics and cancer research.
- BA, Psychology, Ohio State University.
I enjoy wildlife, nature, music, movies, books, history, science, technology, & gardening.
Both my kids are Hokies.