I help organizations improve how they plan, develop, manage, and communicate about data management programs and IT resources.
- Marketing & Communications
- Assessment & Planning
- Management Support
- Service details here
My corporate management experience includes departmental management of a software and database product development company, ownership/partner in a boutique IT management consulting and systems integration company, and since 2005, independent consulting and project management. My project experience includes data governance, digital strategy, open data, system development, database construction and ETL work, change management, collaboration technology, application portfolio rationalization, and technology adoption. Examples:
- Documentation of ACA system test data governance processes (Edaptive Systems for HHS CMS).
- Development and marketing of project & program management support services using SharePoint and Office 365 (SoftPMO.com).
- Program support for insurance system consolidation via SharePoint & Google Docs (Catalyst Rx).
- Collaboration strategy and metrics for worldwide SharePoint adoption (World Bank).
- Communication, tracking metrics, and social media strategy for GI Bill benefits adoption (U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs).
- Enterprise collaboration software adoption strategy and assessment (Jive Software).
- Municipal data portal for financial, safety, health, police, and tax data (Balefire Global and Socrata).
- R&D program collaboration support for large Federal agency (US EPA).
- Research on using social media as a sales management tool (Oracle and Social Media Today).
- Social media and web promotion of engineering careers (National Academy of Engineering).
- Social media strategies for professional and trade associations (FAIR Institute and ASHP).
- Voice response technology assessments for customer service (U.S and Canadian energy utilities).
- Web based management strategy for “grey literature” for emergency and disaster response (National Library of Medicine).
- My project work has involved on-site work throughout the U.S., Western Europe, Hong Kong, and Egypt.
- MLS & PhD, University of Maryland, Library & Information Science. PhD Dissertation: Mathematical Modeling of Journal Selection Decisions by Cancer Researchers & Astrophysicists.
- BA, Psychology, Ohio State University.
Microsoft Office and Office 365; SharePoint for knowledge management and project support; Google Drive and Google Docs for collaboration; Squarespace 5 & 7 for websites; Socrata for open data portal and API development.
MS Project, BaseCamp, and Artemis for project planning and tracking; MS Access for report generation, earned value reporting, project issue management and review, and lead tracking.
Elsewhere on the Web