Movie review by Dennis D. McDonald
- Team of over the hill mercenaries rescue damsel in distress in a tiny corrupt island based military dictatorship. In the process the island is reduced to smoking rubble and piles of corpses.
- Lots of knives, explosions, and noise.
- Exciting in a roller coaster kind of way.
- Neat cars and planes.
- Interesting demonstration of a seaplane-launched thermobaric explosive.
- We get to see (briefly) Willis, Schwartzenneger, and Stallone together in one room (a church, ha-ha).
- Flimsy plot.
- Gossamer thin characterization.
- Uninspiring bad guys.
- What is Mickey Rourke doing in this movie?
- Great for action fans, even if you’ve never seen these guys in a movie before.
Review copyright (c) 2010 by Dennis D. McDonald