Ten Action Movies Better than SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY
By Dennis D. McDonald
It's old hat by now to dump on SOLO: A STAR WARS MOVIE. I admit to my own disappointment. In my own review I thought it was a "decent" action movie. If you're looking for better than just "decent," though, you can do a lot better. Here are ten suggestions:
- Edge of Tomorrow. The best sci-fi action film since ALIENS.
- Tomb Raider. Best bicycle chase ever!
- Atomic Blonde. In my book Charlize can do no wrong.
- Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe. An everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Chinese actioner.
- Train to Busan. Best. Zombie. Movie. Ever.
- John Wick. Thou shalt not mess with John Wick's puppy.
- Kong: Skull Island. Samuel L. Jackson tries to stare down Kong.
- Man on Fire. Denzel kicks some serious ass.
- Blood Father. Mel GIbson in top action form.
- Logan. Watch out for that little girl!
FInally, if you want to see an action film that still makes most others pale by comparison, watch and study Kurosawa's SEVEN SAMURAI.
click below images to scroll through slideshow
Text copyright (c) 2018 by Dennis D. McDonald