Both the Toolkit’s Guidebook and its customizable Process Templates are based on the SoftPMO Process Management Model.
The Guidebook and Templates lead the project manager through the project management process, step by step, using a straightforward approach that introduces a clearly thought out approach to defining and structuring projects of all kinds.
The model describes 6 key project steps:
- Define involves defining the objectives, proposing a solution, then selecting the approach that provides the best solution.
- Plan involves formulating a baseline plan, integrating it with the project organization, and documenting the project sponsor’s authorization.
- Start involves engaging the resources and systems that will be used to manage the project.
- Monitor involves identifying, addressing, and resolving variations from the plan.
- Control involves keeping the project on track with the schedule and budget.
- Close involves performing closing activities and completing project.
Each of the above 6 “steps” is further subdivided into “tasks,” each of which is then discussed individually in terms of its goals, the activities involved, the task’s inputs and outputs, the PMBOK Knowledge Areas”the task relates to, and — most importantly — the SoftPMO Process Templates that are associated with the task.
The following is a high level “visual map” of the Model’s steps and tasks; in the online version of the Guidebook each task is a separate live link to a page describing the task:
When will the SoftPMO Project Management Toolkit be available?
Sample copies of the Guidebook and the Templates are already being made available for review and use by selected customers via dedicated website. We are also contacting potential users and customers to discuss their need for the Toolkit and associated training, consulting, and support services. For more information please contact us by phone or email:
In the Washington DC area:
- Dennis D. McDonald, Ph.D.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 703-402-7382
In the New York City area:
- Michael Kaplan, PMP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 917-763-4626